Tuesday 22 November 2016

Weather Benign and A Cycle to Dunbar

Saturday 19th November Light W

Cold and sunny

Pancakes for breakfast set me up nicely for a day cycling. Birding opportunities will be lacking as I head along the east coast towards Dunbar.

So seeing a group of goosanders on a river in Musselborough is wonderful. The beautiful ducks are so close.



Turning a corner at the end of the road adjacent to the river I come across knitted red poppies, hundreds of them.


It is so different to cycle with a breeze, no matter how light, behind me. I eat up the miles with just the occasional stop to admire the view along the Firth.

30.70 miles             1024 feet elevation up                 1148 down



No comments:

Post a Comment

BB 2010 Oops, crash and a motorway Abominable Snowman in Hemel Hempstead January 5th

5 th January                                                            Tragedy                                              The Bee Gees   ...