Monday 18 January 2016

The Big Push to Hayle

Sunday 17th January light S cloudy, a few light showers 8C

Siblyback is still and quiet as I leave my night's accommodation and head back to the country lanes that will lead me to Hayle.
The Dorset King stones stop me for a while, 875AD, they've been there a long time.

The A38 is as scary as ever as the road goes through a narrow river valley. The A30 is less so as all can see me on this large busy dual carriageway.

The day is a fifty mile slog which goes quickly enough and I reach Hayle. I find the bed and breakfast from last year, The Mad Hatter, and leaving my stuff there, after being greeted as a long lost friend by Pauline and Mark, I go birding for an hour along Copperhouse Creek. Singles of greenshank, little egret and grey plover I see. The rain, always threatening to fall all day, finally does with some persistence.

The Green Year list now stands at 117, fifteen ahead of where I was at this time last year.

57.73 miles 3262 feet elevation up 3972 feet elevation down





No comments:

Post a Comment

BB 2010 Oops, crash and a motorway Abominable Snowman in Hemel Hempstead January 5th

5 th January                                                            Tragedy                                              The Bee Gees   ...